Data Centre Locations
What is NAPAfrica?
Who is peering at NAPAfrica
These clients are peering at NAPAfrica in Johannesburg:
These clients are peering at NAPAfrica in Cape Town:
Download list of AS Numbers and Peers (.pdf)
China Telecom Global services available from Teraco data centre
19 June 2013
- China Telecom Global , one of the world’s largest providers of integrated telecommunication services, is now offering services from Teraco.
FNB becomes the first bank to support local peering
10 June 2013
- FNB has leveraged its skills and internal ISP, FNB Connect, to become the first bank in the country to support peering by joining the NAPAfrica platform.
DATA CENTRE SPECIAL: Top three emerging hubs
24 May 2013
- Data centre markets are looking away from traditional global hotspots of activity. Capacity takes a look at the three key areas for potential future expansion.
Teraco announces closing of R200-million medium term debt facility
13 May 2013
- Teraco has secured a R200-million medium term funding facility from Absa’s Corporate and Investment Banking division.
Cell C: first mobile operator to support open peering
30 April 2013
- Cell C is the first mobile operator in the country to support open peering. This has been made possible by NAPAfrica.
Sentech shows support for Open Peering
3 April 2013
- SENTECH, the signal distributor for the majority of South Africa’s broadcasters shows support for open peering and is now live on NAPAfrica.
Vendor neutral data centre alleviates impact of Seacom outage
2 April 2013
- Teraco and SEACOM work together to solve Internet Service Provider capacity crisis.
Teraco links to European Exchange: AMS-IX
12 March 2013
- Teraco Broadens African horizons through a link to a major European Internet Exchange: AMS-IX
Peering in Africa
20 February 2013
- Peering in Africa - published in Dr Peering International...there are significant challenges across the African countries. It will take time to overcome them.
Big online game server plans brewing in SA
12 February 2013
- SA-based WoW and Dota 2 servers are desired by gamers and Teraco Data Environments and NAPAfrica might have the solution
Teraco certified to cater for Electronic Payment Processing Providers
31 January 2013
- Teraco is PCI DSS compliant and the ideal space for electronic payment processing businesses to locate their data systems.
NAPAfrica brings content giants to Africa
26 November 2012
- NAPAfrica announces open access for members to major international content providers.
First vendor neutral satellite earth station in Africa
12 November 2012
- Teraco has announced the launch of Africa’s first vendor neutral satellite earth station.
Teraco launches marketplace for financial institutions
22 October 2012
- As the application race in SA’s financial sector continues, Teraco announces a new product offering: FinVault.
Africa's future data architecture falls into place
6 October 2012
- Africa has begun to develop a sophisticated data architecture through a combination of exchange points and data centres.
NAPAfrica fast becoming global hub for Africa
3 October 2012
- NAPAfrica has reached 1 Gbps in just five months.
Teraco peering expert appointed to WAPA committee
25 September 2012
- Michele McCann, Business Development Manager at Teraco Data Environments has been appointed on the Wireless Access Providers’ Association.
Teraco joins movement to re-green SA
19 September 2012
- Teraco Data Environments has pledged to distribute 5 000 indigenous trees for planting over a period of 12 months.
DINX goes live in Teraco's Durban data centre
13 September 2012
- Teraco Data Environments has won the bid to host the Durban Internet Exchange (DINX).
The cloud is reliant on the data centre
27 August 2012
- It is often said that central to cloud computing is the notion of location independence. You don’t need to know where the infrastructure supporting the cloud sits.
700 Mbps and counting
13 August 2012
- NAPAfrica: traffic reaches over 700 Mbps and counting.
Teraco's slice of the hosting pie
8 August 2012
- Teraco says it has increased its floor space to 5,400 square metres in the two years since the launch of its data centre in Johannesburg.
Websense opens data centre in SA
7 August 2012
- Websense announces a strategic expansion of the company's global footprint to South Africa.
SEACOM grows South African network reach
6 August 2012
- Convergence Partners’ investee company, SEACOM, is boosting its international and national capacity in South Africa through a partnership with WACS.
XConnect extends 'plug & peer' voice services
11 July 2012
- XConnect extends 'plug & peer' voice services. Voice and multimedia peering now enabled via XConnect at NAPAfrica.
15-21 June 2013
- the meeting will be hosted by local organisations interested in policy development and regulation throughout Africa.
DataCentre Africa 2013
26-27 June 2013
- DataCentre Africa returns to the Hyatt Regency Rosebank. This year will focus on critical change taking place across IT infrastructure.
14-18 July 2013
- ICANN meetings are held three times a year in different parts of the globe to enable attendees from around the world to participate in person.
3-5 September 2013
- a three-day event that aims to address the key Interconnection opportunities and challenges in Africa.
+27 11 573 2800 |
+27 86 000 9520 |
+27 86 680 7227 |
© 2012 Teraco. All Rights Reserved.
Terms and Conditions
Colocation Service Directory